More than just A road bike.
All-road, All-ride comfort for any of your riding aspirations. The A-Road is the product of a decade of Breadwinner and over 1,000 bikes made. We took 10 years of rider feedback and turned it into the most modern, configurable premium steel road bike made in the USA today. Whether your day-to-day riding takes you on perfect pavement, less-than-ideal chipseal, or primitive graded gravel, the A-Road brings its A-game. Hard to say whether we’ve slimmed down our flagship B-Road or added versatility to the legendary Lolo, but what’s for sure is that the A-Road is the most balanced drop bar bike we’ve designed to date. The A-Road is designed for tires ranging from 28-38mm. That means that you’ll feel a floatatious ride without lugging around extra rubber. Each frame is built with a custom blend of top-end Columbus tubing.
Features & Options
- Premium Columbus Spirit tubing
- Thru-axle stainless dropout with replaceable derailleur hanger
- Flat Mount disc brakes
- Singlespeed option available
- Enve AR carbon fork painted to match
- Optional Segmented Crown Steel Fork
- 3 bottle bosses for unsupported adventures
- Optional fender mounts for wet weather riding
- Tire clearance up to 40mm (32mm with fenders)
- Optional custom framebag mounts on top tube
- 9 stock color choices, custom available
- Lifetime warranty on craftsmanship
Every frame that leaves our workshop is designed and built for its rider using custom geometry to create a perfect fit, while keeping the optimized details and characteristics of each Breadwinner model.
$500 deposit due today.
From the moment you consider ordering a Breadwinner, we’re here to help you make the right decisions. When you’re ready to place your order, we ask for a $500 deposit.
We’ll help you hone in on your vision for your one-of-a-kind bicycle by learning about your bike fit, past bicycles and riding style. We will also help you choose components and paint.
Once you’ve confirmed the design and details, you’ll receive an invoice for the balance. We make the frame by hand in our workshop, then it’s ready for paint.
We assemble your bike in our shop using the right tools and techniques, then carefully pack and ship the bike to your door. Or you can pick it up from us here in Portland.