Explore far off places.
The Japanese word for “sunlight filtering through the leaves of trees” inspired a bikepacking bicycle built for self-sufficiency and exploration. An evolution of our classic 29” mountain bike, the Komorebi is built with a rigid segmented fork made by Chris Igleheart with braze-ons for water, fuel bottles or additional gear. The frame was designed to carry frame bags and three water bottles. Additional bosses provide the option of adding fenders and rear racks. Capable of accommodating tires up to 2.3” wide, the Komorebi is ready for any adventure.
Features & Options
- 29" or 27.5" wheel options
- Igleheart-built rigid fork with 6 braze-on bosses for gear or water bottles
- Custom TIG-welded and brazed construction
- 3 water bottle bosses on frame
- Designed for use with frame bags and bikepacking gear
- Fits up to a 2.5"-wide tire
- Breadwinner stainless QR or thru axle dropouts
- Custom spec'd Columbus Zona tubing
- Rear rack and fender eyelets maximize carrying options
- 9 stock color choices, custom available
- Lifetime warranty on craftsmanship
Every frame that leaves our workshop is designed and built for its rider using custom geometry to create a perfect fit, while keeping the optimized details and characteristics of each Breadwinner model.
$500 deposit due today.
From the moment you consider ordering a Breadwinner, we’re here to help you make the right decisions. When you’re ready to place your order, we ask for a $500 deposit.
We’ll help you hone in on your vision for your one-of-a-kind bicycle by learning about your bike fit, past bicycles and riding style. We will also help you choose components and paint.
Once you’ve confirmed the design and details, you’ll receive an invoice for the balance. We make the frame by hand in our workshop, then it’s ready for paint.
We assemble your bike in our shop using the right tools and techniques, then carefully pack and ship the bike to your door. Or you can pick it up from us here in Portland.