Now Hiring Sales and Customer Service Manager
Posted on: March 21st, 2021
Come Join our Crew!
Breadwinner Cycles is currently seeking a full-time sales and customer service manager for Sugar Wheel Works at our Portland, Oregon workshop. The mission is to message about, design, and build fine bicycle wheels. Sugar exists to enhance the riding experience, eliminate headaches, and provide unmatched expertise to riders seeking wheels that match their bikes, rides, style, and the terrain that they take on for each ride.
- Create an exceptional customer experience throughout the entire sales process. Be engaging, positive and personable.
- Manage production scheduling and facilitate the smooth completion of wheel builds for timely delivery.
- Build and service premium bicycle wheels to the highest possible standards.
- Respond to all sales leads quickly and professionally using various communication channels, often communicating with many customers simultaneously.
- Generate quotes, send and track invoices.
- Provide customers with regular updates and manage expectations throughout the wheel building process.
- Order and receive parts.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Must be able to tune into and understand varying demand levels to plan and execute sales promotions accordingly.
- Able to work as part of a small team. Must be reliable, flexible, and accurate.
- Be a trusted subject matter expert and enthusiast of cycling culture, bike and wheel technology.
- In depth use of Lightspeed point-of-sale system, Office, and WordPress+Woocommerce
- Reports to and executes other job duties as assigned by Breadwinner management
Our ideal candidate will have managed or led a bike shop service department and have an in-depth familiarity with modern bicycle products — especially wheels. They will have wheelbuilding experience or certification, sales experience, deep product knowledge, general mechanical skills and a desire to progress with our growing company. Excellence with customers and coworkers in a small, personal team environment is the main priority.
We are inspired by a diverse, fanatical group of riders from around the world and strive to reflect them in our team at the shop. Sugar Wheel Works is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equitable employment shop. Please contact us to apply.
- Passionate cyclist with an appreciation for hand-craftsmanship, fine cycling components.
- Mechanical experience: 3-5 years
- Retail management experience preferred
- Production-level wheel building experience is a plus but not required. The candidate will be offered opportunities to learn the nuances of wheel building by exposure and instruction. A strong base mechanical proficiency is required.
- E-commerce platform development, social media chops are a plus
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to info@Breadwinnercyles.com. We will do our best to acknowledge each applicant.